Thursday, November 11, 2010

AT-ST [Two Door Cinema Club]

Vegan MoFo Day 10

AT-ST
This is my take on the vegan BLT. Avocado, tempeh, spinach, tomato. Normally I use arugula instead of spinach. AT-ST, AT-AT doesn't matter, both are references to Star Wars vehicles.

The tempeh bacon recipe comes from Vegan with a Vengeance. There are plenty of other tempeh bacon recipes online, though. I make an avocado spread with lemon juice, cilantro and green onion.

  • 1 avocado
  • 2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 green onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Just mix everything together. This is good on bagels, too.

Assembling the sandwich should be self explanatory. In this case I used some hoagies that I had sitting around. The white bread is an odd choice for me. They're left overs from a work halloween party where I attempted to fit in while everyone else ate hot dogs. I made this last week and (sadly) used the last tomato I had from my sister's garden.

Two Door Cinema Club
Tourist History by Two Door Cinema Club is one of my favorite albums ever. There isn't a single bad track on it. It's the only album that has made it onto my running playlist in its entirety. I was supposed to see them in concert, but they were stuck in Europe due to a volcano eruption.

Take Phoenix and make them happier and you get TDCC. It's electropop at its best. Do yourself a favor and listen to the whole album. You can start with these few tracks:

No comments:

Post a Comment